Navigation Bar

REVIEW PREVIEW: Sweet Spot by Rae Lynn Blaise









Title: Sweet Spot
Series: (standalone)
Author: Rae Lynn Blaise
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Sports Romance
Rating: 4-Stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA: Yes
Blog: HERE

I'm the bad boy party animal on the team & lovin' it...all the way to a night in jail.

"If I do this for you, it's the last time. Here is how you will prove to me that it's the last time. No more flings. No more parties. No more absolutely anything. You live for two things-practice and games. Give me your word."

With those words, Coach Halstead bailed me out one final time. I guess I can't help it if I'm baseball's favorite bad boy. Until I meet Coach's daughter...young, innocent, sexy-as-hell and pure-as-sunshine Ally.

"You gonna score a run for me?" she asks. And because I just. Cannot. Resist. A pretty face. I say yes.

Am I about to lose coach's trust, my career, and this girl?

Or can I hit the sweet spot?




Sweet Spot A Bad Boy Sports Romance by Rae Lynn Blaise  Sweet Spot

novella can be read as a standalone





Sweet Spot was a smile-worthy, sweet read with scoops of insta-love, sprinkles of insta-lust, and a bite of bad boy to make you swoon. And while I did enjoy reading this for the novella it was, I can't help but wish there had been more.

Because with more development and a better understanding of the characters' thrown-out-in-left-field (is that a baseball reference? *scratches head*) decisions throughout the book, with Kemper's laugh-out-loud POV and Rae Lynn Blaise's awesome writing, Sweet Spot would've been a home run.



As it was, I do recommend this novella if you're looking for something short and sweet about a very bad boy who melts into a delicious nice book boyfriend. Here, go ahead, have a lick:

She makes me want to be better. It's horrifically corny and cliché, I know, but it's true. I want to be the guy who hangs the moon and pushes the sun to rise. I want to sweeten the air she breathes and give her a life of comfort and pleasure. I want to be the man she can rely on, cry to, love in the darkest, quietest moments.

Yummy, right?





Heroine: 3-Stars
Romance: 3.5-Stars
Sex: 5-Stars
Plot: 3.5-Stars
Dialogue: 4.5-Stars
Writing: 5-Stars





PS: I was gifted a complementary copy of this book as part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016! So a huge thank you to the Shh...Group and author Rae Lynn Blaise. But I do solemnly swear that I am up to...good. *wink* This is a fair, honest review and/or rating(s) of this book, pinky promise.