Navigation Bar

TEASER: Best Laid Plans (The Mercenaries, #1) by Stylo Fantome


*RELEASE DAY of BEST LAID PLANS: SEPTEMBER 7, 2015* 

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

Pinching her lips between her teeth, she oh so slowly reached her right hand forward. Hovered it above his lap. Moved another inch and was over his belt. Just one more inch, and she'd have the gun.

Just as she was about to cover that last inch, though, she glanced up and was faced with a pair of blue eyes watching her. In a flash, he grabbed her by her wrist and thumb, twisting them so hard to the right that she let out a shriek, almost losing her grip on his seat.

“Do you think I'm that stupid?” Marc asked, his voice hoarse.
 


♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

“Yes,” she managed to get out through teeth that were clenched in pain. He jerked her arm harder and she had no choice but to turn with the motion. It felt like he was going to break her wrist. She fell to the side, landing on his lap. He managed to hold her wrists together using only one hand, and pinned them to her chest. His other hand went around her throat, squeezing hard enough to let her know he meant business.
 

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

“I could've killed you yesterday. I could've killed you in your sleep last night. You owe me. I was hoping today you'd be more cooperative,” he told her. She squirmed under his hold.

“Probably not going to happen,” her voice was a thready whisper.

“I don't give a shit if you've got some sick fetish about playing house with the Bratva, but I'm taking those diamonds, Lily. I need those diamonds,” he spoke in a tone that brokered no nonsense.

“You don't know shit about what I'm doing, I don't care about any of them. I need those diamonds to get on the boat in Morocco,” she burst out.
 

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

She remembered their night together, remembered the way he'd reacted to her. He certainly hadn't faked his hard on. He hadn't faked fucking her like he needed to do it to breathe. He liked her body, he liked her face. He liked how she moved. Maybe she could use that to her advantage. She stopped struggling against his hold, letting herself relax against his legs. She rubbed her shoulders back and forth against his lap.

“Look. I'm sure we could work something out. I can make it really worth your while, if you just walk away,” she told him. She tried to keep her voice soft, tried not to glare.

“Really?” he questioned her, his eyebrows raising in surprise.

“We had fun, Marc. Why not have some more fun?”


♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

“If I want your ass, I'll take it. If I want anything else, all I have to do is take it. So I don't know why you're 'offering' yourself to me – as far as your concerned, you're my goddamned property now, which means if I feel like fucking you, it'll happen, I don't need to discuss it with you. You think this is a fucking game, Lily, and it's not. Now shut the fuck up and open that goddamn safe,” he growled.
 

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

She held her breath for a minute as red washed over her vision. Property!? She was going to kill him, she decided. Maybe not right that moment. Maybe not that day. But by the end of this ordeal, she was going to stand over him, and she was going to put a bullet in his skull.